Restaurants in Fish Hoek and Surrounds
Restaurants in Fish Hoek are many and varied. Eating out caters for all budgets and tastes.
Order a sit-down seafood meal or a burger and chips. Grab a takeout for the beach, or a pizza to take home.
Fresh fish and chips, succulent steaks, grilled chicken and more, restaurants in Fish Hoek offer quality meals and service!
All our Seaside Cottages are fully set up for your self-catering needs. But it feels great to be able to step away from the kitchen for a bit.
Restaurants in Fish Hoek are many and varied, catering for all tastes and budgets. Sit down, or take out, Fish Hoek has it all when it comes to food and eating! Take a peek:
Restaurants in Fish Hoek and Surrounds
- Barracudas - A family-friendly restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere, Barracudas is a stone’s throw from Fish Hoek beach and specialising in seafood combos, burgers, and decadent desserts. Stroll down Beach road to try the Chicken Schnitzel and Prawn Combo or the West Coast Mussels.
- Bhandaris North Indian Restaurant - A culinary treat that is guaranteed to get your taste buds buzzing, Bhandaris North Indian restaurant offers North Indian cuisine, Tandoor, Masala curry, Briyani, Naan bread, rice and spicy vegetables.
- Fish Hoek Fisheries - For the best Portuguese-owned fish and chips shop in the South Peninsula - you have to give Fish Hoek Fisheries a try. Real ‘slap’ chips, fried hake, fish cakes and more. Friendly staff, succulent fish, worth a takeout for sure!
- Bayside on the Beach – The only restaurant and takeaway located right on the beach in the southern Peninsula! Three choices make your beach ocean outing a special experience - Fish Hoek Galley offers a mouth-watering 6-course seafood menu; Beachcomber Bistro is everyone’s favourite pancake, waffle, toastie, salads and pasta depot; and Drifter’s Takeaway is the ultimate ice cream, hot chips and burger fast food joint on the block! Simply stroll up the beach, grab a seat and watch the seagulls come and go.
- The Golden River Spur - US-style diner chain with a family-friendly vibe, dishing up steaks, burgers, ribs and wings. Take your Seaside Cottages Booking-in Chit to management and get 10% discount on your bill!
- Sandi’s Bistro at Valyland – A lovely casual meeting place in the sunny square for tea and cake, sandwiches and wraps, nutritious dinners plus creamy cappuccinos. Do some shopping then take a break while a live musician serenades you.
- Brass Bell - Kalk Bay - This seaside location not only offers one of the most amazing views in Cape Town but also caters for everyone with its 4 different dining venues: the smart casual Pavilion, the sunny Oyster Deck, the comfy casual Water’s Edge and the tapas trendy Seaweed and Salt. Huge tidal pools too!
- Dixies Restaurant & Bar – Glencairn - Dixies is a family-owned roadside restaurant and sports bar with a terrace looking out over False Bay.
- Deep South Eatery, Glencairn - A family-friendly restaurant with a pub, deck and outside kids’ play area for all-weather meals and occasions. Excellent menu and vibe - bring the dogs and listen to live music every weekend. Wonderful views of the beach and wetland.
- Blended Restaurant at Eat, Surf, Yoga, Glencairn – Living a sustainable life is the future so choose this best plant-based café in the area - real healthy vegan food and drinks including organic coffees and hot chocolates, Kumbucha, smoothies and more. No additives and fresh produce from local suppliers.
Seaside Cottages offers our visitors a warm bed, a hot shower and some of the best scenery in Cape Town. Come on, call us today and book your weekend away!
Barracudas is a family restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere specialising in seafood.
Bhandaris North Indian Restaurant
Bhandaris North Indian restaurant is a culinary treat that is guaranteed to get your taste buds buzzing. Indulge in various mouth-watering curries and sambals from India, with a focus on North Indian flavours.
The Fish Hoek Galley - Bayside on the Beach
Make eating at Fish Hoek Beach a special experience. Bayside on the Beach comprises the Galley Restaurant, Beachcomber Bistro, Drifters Takeaway and a private area for groups and functions. Find one of the only restaurants right on the beach! Fish Hoek wins first prize for a range of eateries for all ages - and The Galley continues the great seafood tradition that made it such a favourite for many years.
Fish Hoek Fisheries
For the best fish and chips in the South Peninsula - you have to give Fish Hoek Fisheries a try.
The Golden River Spur
US-style diner chain with a family-friendly vibe, dishing up steaks, burgers, ribs and wings. A solid landmark in Fish Hoek, loved by all.
Brass Bell - Kalk Bay
This seaside location not only offers one of the most amazing views in Cape Town but with the 8 different dining locations it definitely caters for all. It's a Kalk Bay legend, serving the fun-loving public for decades. Huge tidal pools, kids' play area, awesome live music.
Dixies Restaurant & Bar - Glencairn
Dixies is a family-owned roadside restaurant and sports bar with a terrace looking out on False Bay. Great vibes, excellent ocean views and easy to get to.
The Deep South Eatery - Glencairn
Previously known as the Glencairn Hotel, this well-loved landmark is no longer a hotel. Instead, it's a family-friendly eatery with a cosy pub, deck and restaurant for all-weather meals and occasions. There's a delightful kids' play area out the back with a tented eating section and a grassy bank with comfy chairs to soak up the endless ocean views.
Bring the dogs and listen to live music every weekend - beautiful views of the beach and wetland, a friendly vibe and awesome chic decor.