Sporting events in Fish Hoek are ever popular.
Seaside Cottages is the ideal overnight self-catering accommodation venue right on Fish Hoek beach and close to all amenities.
Sports enthusiasts will love Seaside Cottages for its perfect central setting in Fish Hoek, its grassy garden, beautiful long beach, wonderful beds, kitchens and lounges.
Choose Seaside Cottages in Fish Hoek as your base for your next sporting event in False Bay, the Southern Peninsula or Cape Town.
Book Seaside Cottages self catering units if you have come to do or watch these events:
- The Cape Town (Pick n Pay) Cycle Tour - Seaside Cottages is the ideal accommodation venue for all Cape Town Cycle Tour bicycle riders and their families, colleagues and friends. Stay here before and after the race of the year. Make the most of the fully-equipped self-catering cottages, beautiful setting, and convenient proximity to public transport including Fish Hoek Train Station and private taxi services. Riders and their supporters can catch the train to Cape Town in time for the race. This famous scenic race passes through Fish Hoek, Glencairn and Simonstown, rides past Cape Point, around to Kommetjie, through Noordhoek and along the inspiring Chapmans Peak Road.
- Two Oceans Marathon – Seaside Cottages hosts international runners who compete annually in Cape Town’s most prestigious race, the 56km Two Oceans Ultra Marathon. Stay in our delightful fully-equipped self-catering cottages to celebrate this Easter Weekend event, regarded as the most scenically spectacular course in the world. Also known as Africa’s biggest running event, Two Oceans adds more than R600 million every year to the Western Cape coffers. The first race in 1970 saw only 26 runners competing but today, local and international athletes arrive to compete en masse.
- False Bay Sports Shooting Club – Take a drive just down the road to Glencairn where you can shoot a few targets at the Range. Discover the historic Glencairn Quarry, home to the False Bay Sports Shooting Club, with its stark yet attractive cliff faces which reach more than 200 metres high. Did you know that when the Quarry was opened around 1898, tons of stone were transported to Simon’s Town to build the Naval Dockyard? Enter a shooting competition if that is what rocks your boat.
- Surf Spots and Competitions – Seaside Cottages is the ideal setting for a good surfing competition at Fish Hoek Beach. Surfing is hot in False Bay and surfing competitions take place in Muizenberg and Kommetjie. Take a walk with your surfboard onto Fish Hoek beach and catch a wave – surfers are never disappointed when they walk to Clovelly Beach or higher to the main beach. When the wind howls from the southeast, conditions can be challenging, to say the least. Surfing South Africa (SSA) is the national surfing group that manages all dimensions of surfing in South Africa, from absolute beginner surfers to the top junior and selected international teams. SSA partners with the World Surf League (WSL) and approves all WSL events held in South Africa.
- Fishing Events – Fishermen in False Bay have to adhere to the fishing rulebook. Base yourself at Seaside Cottages and explore the bay – heading off to Miller’s Point is probably your best bet to catch a fish. Buy an activity permit for Cape Point if you plan to return regularly to cast a line. Cape Nature and the Department of Environmental Affairs help to regulate recreational fishing near Fish Hoek according to bag limits. Make sure you get your recreational fishing permit. Take the plunge and book a charter or find out which angling competition is for you.
- Golf Competitions - Clovelly Golf Course is the only golf course on the Peninsula besides the smaller Simon’s Town course. Find out when golfing competitions are being held at Clovelly Golf Club and book your chalet at Seaside Cottages. Play a picturesque game of golf within a setting of white sand dunes, mountain shadows, verdant greens, healthy wetlands and magnificent fynbos varieties.